Installation-As easy to lay vinyl floor
Vinyl flooring must be laid on a perfectly smooth and level floor. If the floor is damaged, take extra care in the preparation.
Concrete floor: Remove all dust. Fill any cracks and rub down any uneven patches. If required, apply a screed to fully level the floor.
Old tiling: Remove any loose tiles and fill the space with concrete. Scrub the floor with detergent before applying a screed to ensure a perfectly flat surface.
Old laminate flooring: Ensure that it has been firmly stuck down. If not, take it up.
You will need
1. Metal Ruler
2. Spatula Trimming Knife
3. Semi-Free Installation: Double-sided adhesive tape.
4. Fixed Installation: A finely serrated spatula, Strong acrylic glue.
How to lay your event floor?
The day before fitting, unroll your flooring in the room where it is to be laid and leave for 24 hours at room temperature.
If your home has underfloor heating, turn it off preferably 24 hours(including preparation time) before fitting the floor.
Cover the entire surface of the room leaving a 5cm excess at the base of the walls. Joints can be made in two ways:
1. By laying the edges side by side.
2. By overlapping the edges and cutting to fit.
Follow the direction of laying (In general, the lengths are reversed).
Try not to leave any gaps at the joints or lay the edges too tightly together (This may result in unsticking over time).
The next stage differs according to the type of fitting.
This is essential in rooms over 30 sq.m. or in heavy use, ensuring maximum stability and durability.
– Fold the length back partially and apply adhesive using the finely serrated spatula (this stops furrows appearing).
Observe the recommended amounts (Approx.250g/m2) and the sticking time required for the smooth application and drying of the adhesive: to be sure, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions on the packaging.
– Fold down each length and fix firmly moving from the centre of the room towards the walls. This will expel any air trapped between the floor and the flooring.
Semi-Free fitting (using double-side adhesive tape): Suitable for rooms less than 30 sq.m. and subject to normal traffic.
– Lift the flooring and place double-sided adhesive tape around the perimeter of the room and under the joints to keep them in place.
– Lay the length back down and press hard.
Free Fitting: Suitable only for small rooms subject to low traffic.
Along the skirting boards, remove the excess using the trimming knife and spatula.
Tips of the trade:
– Laying your event floor on stairs. Use the fixed (Adhesive) method for maximum long-termhold.
– The joints are still visible in parts. Use a cold solder.
– Live in harmony with your vinyl floor. Whatever the size of your family, taking care of your trendy floor couldn’t be easier.
Simply remove dust with a brush or vacumm cleaner.
Mop with water and a mild household detergent for optimal cleanliness. You may wish to clean more or less often according to how heavily used an area is.
Please Note: Your floor may be disinfected with diluted bleach daily or as required.